Barron Bremner, D.O.
General Orthopaedics, with an emphasis in Sports Medicine and Hip & Knee Replacements
Iowa native and Mayo Clinic graduate Dr. Barron Bremner joined DMOS in 2007. Dr. Bremner’s practice encompasses most areas of general orthopaedics, though he has special interests in sports medicine, arthroscopy and minimally invasive & robotic joint replacement. Dr. Bremner has obtained additional certification and testing completion in sports medicine, which is an area of particular interest to him. Dr. Bremner also offers the minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement and robotic assisted Mako partial knee replacement. As the recipient of 3 prestigious awards from the Mayo Clinic during his residency, including the Excellence in Joint Replacement award, Dr. Bremner is proficient in hip & knee procedures, as well as other sports-related injuries and conditions. He also provides sideline orthopaedic coverage for Johnston High School and Grand View University.
- Medical Education: Des Moines University, D.O., 1998-2002, Des Moines, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Mayo Clinic, 2002-2007, Rochester, MN
- Board Certified, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Amercian Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Specialty Medicine – Des Moines University – 2007 – Present