David Hatfield, M.D.
Dr. David Hatfield joined DMOS in 2003 and has since enjoyed an encompassing practice focusing on spinal trauma and injuries. Dr. Hatfield has fellowship training in the treatment of spinal injuries and disorders. His training emphasized treatment of neck and back trauma, as well as micro surgery. He has co-authored a chapter on treatment of neuromuscular disease. Please note, patients should see their primary care doctor, who will determine if a spine surgery consultation with Dr. Hatfield is appropriate.
Dr. Hatfield also has extensive experience with general orthopaedics trauma and care.
Outside of his professional interests, Dr. Hatfield enjoys a variety of outdoor pursuits and believes in living life to the fullest degree. He is also an avid traveler.
- Medical Education: Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine, 1991-1995, Springfield, IL
- Medical Internship: University of Tennesee Memorial Medical Center, General Surgery, 1995-1996, Knoxville, TN
- Orthopaedic Residency: Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1996-2001, Springfield, IL
- Fellowship Training: Orthopaedic Indianapolis, Adult and Pediatric Spine Surgery, 2001-2002, Indianapolis, IN
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member
Physician Assistant to:
Dr. David Hatfield
- 2012: Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center
- 2007: Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology, Briar Cliff