David Vittetoe, MD
Hip & Knee Surgeon
Iowa native Dr. David Vittetoe joined DMOS Orthopaedic Centers in 2001. Dr. Vittetoe’s practice focuses on reconstructive surgery of the adult hip and knee. He completed his fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School and subsequently returned to practice in Iowa.
In addition to primary hip and knee replacement, he has considerable experience in complex joint replacement and revision arthroplasty. His interests also include sports-related injuries of the hip and knee, as well as arthroscopy. Dr. Vittetoe provides sideline orthopaedic coverage for the Des Moines Buccaneers.
Outside of his orthopaedic practice, Dr. Vittetoe enjoys a variety of outdoor pursuits, which keep him very active. He also enjoys family time to the fullest.
- Des Moines · 1301 Penn Ave., Suite 213, Des Moines, Iowa 50316
- West Des Moines · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- University of Iowa
Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, IA
- Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Pediatric Orthopedic Residency
- Summa Health System
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- Iowa Medical Society
- Mid-American Orthopaedic Association
- Harris Hip Club
- Knee Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Knee Arthroscopy (Knee Scope)
- Total Knee, Joint Replacement
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Hip Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Hip Joint Replacement
Dr. Vittetoe's Team
Nikki Twedt, PA-C
Nikki Twedt completed her Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies at Des Moines University and completed an orthopedic residency at the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute in Chicago.
Doctor Interviews & Insights
Are you looking for a specific doctor or area of specialty?
Either way, we want to get you to the right place.