David Vittetoe, MD
Hip & Knee Surgeon
Iowa native Dr. David Vittetoe joined DMOS Orthopaedic Centers in 2001. Dr. Vittetoe’s practice focuses on reconstructive surgery of the adult hip and knee. He completed his fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School and subsequently returned to practice in Iowa.
In addition to primary hip and knee replacement, he has considerable experience in complex joint replacement and revision arthroplasty. His interests also include sports-related injuries of the hip and knee, as well as arthroscopy. Dr. Vittetoe provides sideline orthopaedic coverage for the Des Moines Buccaneers.
Outside of his orthopaedic practice, Dr. Vittetoe enjoys a variety of outdoor pursuits, which keep him very active. He also enjoys family time to the fullest.
- University of Iowa
Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, IA
- Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Pediatric Orthopedic Residency
- Summa Health System
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- Iowa Medical Society
- Mid-American Orthopaedic Association
- Harris Hip Club
- Knee Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Knee Arthroscopy (Knee Scope)
- Total Knee, Joint Replacement
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Hip Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Hip Joint Replacement