Devon Goetz, M.D.
Hip & Knee Surgeon
Dr. Devon Goetz completed his fellowship training in hip and knee reconstruction at the Harvard University Massachusetts General Hospital, which is considered by many to be the leading joint replacement center in the nation. He is a native of Creston, IA.
Dr. Goetz joined DMOS in 1993, and has developed a very active joint replacement practice, including the more difficult revision surgeries of the hip and knee. In addition, Dr. Goetz is very experienced in hip resurfacing, partial knee replacement and arthroscopy of the knee. Dr. Goetz keeps very current on new, innovative procedures, having published over seventy scientific papers on hip and knee joint replacements. Outside of practice, Dr. Goetz enjoys family activities and vacations, as well as golf and fitness training.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa; M.D., 1984-1987, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of Iowa, 1987-1992, Iowa City, IA
- Fellowship Training: Hip and Knee Reconstruction, Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital, 1993, Boston, MA
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, President, 2005-2006, Current Member
- Society for Arthritic Joint Surgery, President Elect – 2014
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of Iowa, Department of Orthopaedics
- DSM Magazine – “Top Doctor” Award – 2008, 2013
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member