Ian Lin, M.D.
General Orthopaedics, with an emphasis in Sports Medicine and Hip & Knee Replacements
Urbandale native Dr. Ian Lin joined DMOS Orthopaedic Centers in 1997 after completing his education at Grinnell College and the University of Iowa Medical School. While Dr. Lin’s practice encompasses most areas of general orthopedics, he has special interests in:
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma Care
- Matrix-induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (MACI)
- Robotic-Assisted Mako Partial Knee Replacement
Dr. Lin sees patients with a wide variety of conditions ranging from total joint replacements to simple hand procedures. He has built his extensive practice based out of the DMOS East location and enjoys working with patients of all age groups.
Outside of practice, Dr. Lin coaches spring and fall baseball for a local area high school. He also enjoys spending his time in active outdoor pursuits such as kayaking, fishing, golfing, and above all – spending time with his wife and five children.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa, M.D. 1988-1992, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Carolinas Medical Center, 1992-1997, Charlotte, NC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member