Ian Lin, M.D.
General Orthopaedics, with an emphasis in Sports Medicine and Hip & Knee Replacements
Urbandale native Dr. Ian Lin joined DMOS in 1997 after completing his education at Grinnell College and the University of Iowa Medical School. While Dr. Lin’s practice encompasses most areas of general orthopaedics, he has special interests in joint replacement, arthroscopy and sports medicine, and trauma care. Dr. Lin sees patients with a wide variety of conditions ranging from total joint replacements to simple hand procedures. He has built his extensive practice based out of DMOS – East Penn Avenue location and enjoys working with patients of all age groups. Outside of practice, Dr. Lin coaches spring and fall baseball for a local area high school, as well as providing sideline medical coverage for the West Des Moines Soccer Club. He also enjoys spending his time in active outdoors pursuits such as kayaking, fishing and golfing, and above all – spending time with his wife and five children.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa, M.D. 1988-1992, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Carolinas Medical Center, 1992-1997, Charolotte, NC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member