Jason Sullivan, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Knee, Hip & Shoulder Surgeon
Jason Sullivan, M.D. performs surgery on the shoulder, knee, hip and elbow. His practice has special focus on restorative surgery for the active patient. He is specialty trained in minimally-invasive arthroscopic procedures, including arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, shoulder instability procedures and hip arthroscopy.
Additionally, Dr. Sullivan excels at working with injuries involving ligament reconstruction (i.e. ACL), cartilage restoration and meniscus tears. Dr. Sullivan has fellowship training in complex shoulder reconstruction, including reverse total shoulder reconstruction. He also performs total joint replacements.
During his fellowship training in Los Angeles, Dr. Sullivan served as an assistant team physician for the Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, Angels, Ducks and numerous other professional and collegiate organizations, including the PGA, the National Ballet of Canada and University of Southern California football team. He also is a long-time volunteer as a sideline physician for local high school football teams, as well as the West Des Moines Soccer Club.
Outside of sports medicine, Dr. Jason Sullivan enjoys outdoor sports and leading a very active lifestyle with his family.
- Medical Education: Loyola University Medical Center, M.D., 2007-2012, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, 2012, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship Training: Kerlan Jobe Sports Medicine Fellowship, 2012-2013, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board Eligible
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Member
- Arthroscopic Association of North America, Member
- Iowa Medical Society, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member
- Amercian Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member