Dr. Davick talks Shoulder Instability
Jeffrey Davick, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Knee and Shoulder Surgeon
Iowa native Dr. Jeffrey Davick joined DMOS in 1994. Dr. Davick’s practice includes the care of sports injuries, specifically those of the knee and shoulder. His main emphasis is on arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder, as well as joint replacement. Dr. Davick has written several textbook sections and scientific reports highlighting treatment of sports injuries. Dr. Davick enjoys helping student athletes, and has volunteered for over 20 years at local high schools, as well as Simpson College, as their team orthopaedic physician. In addition to his work within the Des Moines area, Dr. Davick has participated in multiple medical mission trips, including work in Jamaica. Outside of practicing sports medicine, Dr. Davick prioritizes spending time with his family. In addition, he enjoys swimming, biking, running and outdoor projects.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa, M.D., 1984-1988, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Creighton Nebraska Health Foundation, 1988 – 1993, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship Training: Sports Medicine, Knee & Shoulder Surgery, 1993 – 1994, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member
- Subspecialty Certified, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine