John Gaffey, M.D.
Hand and Wrist Surgeon
Dr. John Gaffey is an Iowa native and University of Iowa graduate. Dr. Gaffey joined DMOS in 2010 and has built a significant practice centered around hand and wrist surgery. Dr. Gaffey’s special interests include post-traumatic reconstruction of the upper extremity; treatment of arthritic conditions of the hand, wrist, and elbow; and compressive neuropathies of the upper extremity (including carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome). Dr. Gaffey also has an interest in and experience treating sports-related injuries. One area of further interest of Dr. Gaffey’s is the minimally-invasive treatment of Dupuytren’s Contracture.
In his free time, Dr. Gaffey enjoys outdoor activities such as camping, fishing, and boating. He also enjoys traveling on family vacations.
- Medical School: University of Iowa, M.D. 2000-2004, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, 2004-2009, Maywood, IL
- Fellowship Training: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Hand Surgery, 2009-2010, Iowa City, IA
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association for Hand Surgery, Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member