Jon Gehrke, M.D.
General Orthopaedics with an emphasis in Foot & Ankle Surgery
Dr. Jon Gehrke joined Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons in 1996 after completing three fellowships in sports medicine, general orthopaedics and foot & ankle surgery. Since joining DMOS, Dr. Gehrke has built his practice with the emphasis in general orthopaedics, and special expertise in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery. This includes sports medicine and trauma of the foot and ankle, as well as general trauma. Areas of particular interest to Dr. Gehrke are rotator cuff repair and fracture fixation.
Dr. Gehrke has written numerous articles for national publications and has served on the Academic Orthopaedic Faculty of both the University of Missouri and Ohio State University.
- Medical School: University of Missouri-Columbia; M.D., 1979-1983, Columbia, MO
- Emergency Medicine Residency: Truman Medical Center, 1983-1986, Kansas City, MO
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of Missouri Health Sciences Center, 1987-1992, Columbia, MO
- Fellowship Training: Foot and Ankle Surgery, Mayo Clinic – Scottsdale, 1992-1993, Scottsdale, AZ
- Fellowship Training: A.O. Fellowship Harborview Hospital, Seattle, WA
- Fellowship Training: Sports Medicine, Ohio State University, 1998-1999, Columbus, OH
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Fellow
- Iowa Medical Society, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member