Kary R. Schulte, MD
Sports Medicine, Knee & Shoulder Surgeon
Cedar Rapids, Iowa native Dr. Kary Schulte joined DMOS in 1995 after completing an extensive and prestigious Sports Medicine Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Schulte’s practice emphasizes the restorative and replacement care of the knee and shoulder. He has written numerous scientific publications concerning sports medicine injuries, specifically knee and shoulder injuries. He specializes in arthroscopic knee and shoulder as well as total knee and shoulder replacement. Dr. Schulte is one of the few orthopedic surgeons in Iowa performing reverse total shoulder replacement. With his sports medicine background, Dr. Schulte has spent many hours providing free sideline orthopaedic coverage for local schools and Des Moines community teams.
Outside of his orthopedic practice, Dr. Schulte enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, exercising, golfing and cheering for the Fighting Irish.
- West Des Moines · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- University of Iowa
Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Knee and Shoulder Reconstruction,
University of Pittsburgh
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Iowa City, IA
- Member, Polk County Medical Society
- Memeber, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- Shoulder Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- All Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Treatments
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Cartilage/Ligament Injuries
- Shoulder Instability Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
- Same-day Total Joint Replacement
- Meniscus Injuries and Repair
- ACL Repair and Reconstruction
Are you looking for a specific doctor or area of specialty?
Either way, we want to get you to the right place.