Kary R. Schulte, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Knee & Shoulder Surgeon
Iowa native Dr. Kary Schulte joined DMOS in 1995 after completing an extensive Sports Medicine Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Schulte’s practice emphasizes the care of knee and shoulder injuries. He has written numerous scientific publications concerning sports medicine injuries, specifically knee and shoulder injuries and surgeries. Dr. Schulte specializes in athroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, as well as total knee and total shoulder replacement. Dr. Schulte is one of the few orthopaedic surgeons in Iowa performing reverse total shoulder replacement. With his sports medicine background, Dr. Schulte enjoys providing sideline orthopaedic coverage for local schools and Des Moines community teams. Outside of his orthopaedic practice, Dr. Schulte enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, exercising and golfing.
- Medical School: University of Iowa; M.D., 1985-1989, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of Iowa, 1989 – 1994, Iowa City, IA
- Fellowship Training: Sports Medicine, Shoulder & Knee Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, 1993-1994, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member
- Iowa Medical Society, Member