Lynn Nelson, M.D.
Iowa native Dr. Lynn Nelson joined DMOS in 1994, after completing his fellowship training in the treatment of spinal injuries and disorders. Since joining Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Lynn Nelson has built an extensive practice involving the treatment of cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) injuries and conditions. Disc herniations, vertebral misalignments, and spinal trauma are also areas of Dr. Nelson’s orthopaedic practice. He has also published many scientific papers concerning spinal disorders and injuries. Please note, patients should see their primary care doctor, who will determine if a spine surgery consultation with Dr. Nelson is appropriate.
In addition to spinal conditions and injuries, Dr. Lynn Nelson also has extensive experience with general orthopaedics trauma and care.
Outside of his professional interests, Dr. Lynn Nelson leads a very active lifestyle, enjoying waterskiing, hunting, snow skiing and biking with his family. He also enjoys farming on a local family farm.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa, M.D., 1984-1988, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Indiana University School of Medicine, 1988-1993, Indianapolis, IN
- Fellowship Training: Adult & Pediatric Spine Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, 1993-1994, Kansas City, KS
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member