Lynn Nelson, M.D.
Iowa native Dr. Lynn Nelson joined DMOS in 1994, after completing his fellowship training in the treatment of spinal injuries and disorders. Since joining DMOS Orthopaedic Centers,
Dr. Lynn Nelson has published many scientific papers concerning spinal disorders and injuries. Furthermore, he has developed significant experience with general orthopedics trauma and care.
Nelson has built an extensive practice involving the treatment of neck and back injuries or conditions. Furthermore, he has developed significant experience and interest in the treatment of spinal trauma. He has also published many scientific papers concerning spinal disorders and injuries.
Also, Dr. Nelson is an expert, and the first surgeon in Iowa, to use the Mobi-C Cervical Disc (link), one of the most widely used cervical disks in the world.
- Dr. Lynn Nelson provides expertise in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of spinal injuries and disorders including:
- Treatment of cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) injuries and conditions
- Disk herniations
- Vertebral misalignments
- Spinal trauma
- Mobi-C Cervical Disk
Outside of his professional interests, Dr. Lynn Nelson leads a very active lifestyle, enjoying waterskiing, hunting, snow skiing and biking with his family. He also enjoys farming on his local family farm.
To learn more about the Mobi-C Cervical Disc, and how it may be of help to you, all information can be found by clicking here.
*Please note, patients should see their primary care doctor, who will determine if a spine surgery consultation with Dr. Nelson is appropriate.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa, M.D., 1984-1988, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Indiana University School of Medicine, 1988-1993, Indianapolis, IN
- Fellowship Training: Adult & Pediatric Spine Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, 1993-1994, Kansas City, KS
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member