Lynn Nelson, MD
Iowa native Dr. Lynn Nelson joined DMOS Orthopaedic Centers in 1994 after completing his fellowship training in the treatment of spinal injuries and disorders. Since joining DMOS, Dr. Nelson has built an extensive practice involving the treatment of cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) injuries and conditions. Disk herniations, vertebral misalignments, and spinal trauma are also areas of Dr. Nelson’s orthopedic practice. He has also published scientific papers concerning spinal disorders and injuries. Please note, patients should see their primary care doctor who will determine if a spine surgery consultation with Dr. Nelson is appropriate.
In addition to spinal conditions and injuries, Dr. Nelson also has extensive experience with general orthopedics trauma and care.
Outside of his professional interests, Dr. Nelson leads a very active lifestyle, enjoying waterskiing, hunting, snow skiing, and biking with his family. He also enjoys farming on a local family farm.
- West Des Moines · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- University of Iowa
Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, IA
- Spine Surgery,
Kansas University Medical Center
Kansas City, MO
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Iowa Medical Society
- Past President, Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) injuries and conditions
- Disk herniations
- Vertebral misalignments
- Spinal trauma