Mark Fox, M.D.
Dr. Mark Fox started his medical education pursuit here in Iowa. He received his Bachelor of Arts at the University of Iowa and Doctorate of Medicine from the Carver College of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine internship at Iowa Methodist Medical Center in Des Moines. After completing his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Dr. Fox was a Sports Medicine fellow at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Dr. Fox has a great deal of experience in the fi eld of sports medicine, and he has recently provided preparticipation physicals to notable professional sports teams in the NHL and MLB. He has also provided medical support from the sidelines of NBA, NHL, and MLB games. His practice focuses on primary care for sports medicine which includes platelet rich plasma, electromyography, nerve conduction studies, and various steroidal injections. His background in care at recreational and professional levels of sport has prepared him to help athletes of all kinds. Dr. Fox enjoys being active and helping others achieve their athletic goals.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Residency Training: UT Southwestern Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dallas, TX
- Fellowship Training: Primary Care Sports Medicine Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Board Certified: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Associations: American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation