Dr. Isaacson talks Partial Knee Replacement
Learn more about arthritis with Dr. Isaacson
Mark Isaacson, D.O.
Sports Medicine, Hip & Knee Surgeon
An Iowa native, Mark Isaacson, D.O., joined Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons in 2015. Dr. Isaacson completed fellowship training in adult reconstruction at Houston Methodist Hospital at Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. He specializes in total knee and hip arthroplasty, complex revision knee and hip arthroplasty, minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement, knee and shoulder arthroscopy, adult and pediatric fracture care, partial knee arthroplasty, sports-related injury management, as well as workers compensation injuries and some conditions of the hand and wrist.
Outside of seeing patients, Dr. Isaacson enjoys living an active lifestyle. He enjoys running, golf, outdoor activities, being involved in community school and church programs, and above all, spending time with his family.
- Medical Education: Des Moines University, D.O., 2005-2009, Des Moines, IA
- Orthopaedic Internship: Ohio University, 2009-2010, Columbus, OH
- Orthopaedic Residency: Ohio University, 2009-2014, Columbus, OH
- Fellowship Training: Adult Reconstruction, Houston Methodist Hospital at Texas Medical Center, 2014-2015, Houston, TX
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Member
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, Member
- American Osteopathic Association, Member