Matthew DeWall, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Hip & Knee Surgeon
As an Iowa native, Dr. Matthew DeWall has enjoyed his time as a DMOS surgeon since joining the practice in 2008. Dr. DeWall specializes in sports medicine, including knee and hip procedures. He has professional interests in all aspects of knee surgery, including joint replacement and arthroscopic surgery. Dr. DeWall is also trained in hip procedures, including total hip replacement surgeries. He has written both textbook chapters and scientific journal articles on these extensive subjects. Outside of practicing sports medicine, Dr. DeWall enjoys supporting local sports teams, as well as participating in outdoor activities with his family and friends.
- Medical Education: Universiy of Iowa, College of Medicine, 1998-2002, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, 2002-2007
- Fellowship Training: Sydney Orthopaedic Arthritis and Sports Medicine, Sydney, Australia, 2007 – 2008
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Iowa Medical Society, Member
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member