Matthew Weresh, M.D.
Hip & Knee Surgeon, Fracture Care
Iowa native Dr. Mathew Weresh joined DMOS in 1997. Dr. Weresh specializes in hip and knee procedures, ranging from complex joint replacements to simple joint procedures and surgeries. Dr. Weresh is the first orthopaedic surgeon to serve central Iowa with specialty training in trauma and fracture care, which are primary interests of his as well. He has been published in several articles and presentations on the national level in the fields of hip, knee and general trauma/fracture care. Dr. Weresh enjoys working with all age groups, including adolescents. Outside of patient care, Dr. Weresh enjoys golfing, fishing and competing with the team-in-training marathon group, as well as supporting local school Dowling, among others. He also enjoys family time to the fullest.
- Medical School: Univeristy of Iowa College of Medicine, M.D., 1991, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Akron General Medical Center, 1991-1996, Akron, OH
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship: Carolinas Medical Center, 1996-1997, Charlotte, NC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Past President & Member
- Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, Editorial Board
- Iowa Medical Society, Member
- American Medical Association, Member