Mauricio Acebey, MD
Dr. Mauricio Acebey began his university studies here in the Midwest at the University of Chicago. He received both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees, then earned his Doctorate in Medicine from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. Dr. Acebey completed his residency at the prestigious Rehabilitation Institute in Chicago, followed by a fellowship in Interventional Pain at Georgia Pain Physicians in Marietta, Georgia, where he focused on interventional spine procedures.
Dr. Acebey is fluent in conversational Spanish and is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, sports medicine, and electrodiagnostic medicine. His specialties include diagnosis and treatment of back and neck conditions as well as peripheral nerve problems. He has further training and expertise in minimally invasive spinal procedures, as well as electromyography and nerve conduction studies issues such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Acebey enjoys reading and spending time with his family.
- West Des Moines · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Northwestern University Medical School Doctor of Medicine
- Interventional Spine and Pain Management Georgia Pain Physicians, P.C.
- The Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago Northwestern University Medical School
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Pain medicine
- Sports medicine
- Electrodiagnostic medicine
- Diagnosis and treatment of back and neck conditions
- Peripheral nerve problems
- Minimally invasive spinal procedures
- Electromyography and nerve conduction studies issues such as carpal tunnel syndrome
Doctor Interviews & Insights
Joint Effort: Interventional Physiatry, SI pain, lower back arthritis & spondylolistheses treatments
Are you looking for a specific doctor or area of specialty?
Either way, we want to get you to the right place.