Mauricio Acebey, M.D.
Dr. Mauricio Acebey began his university studies here in the Midwest at the University of Chicago, where he received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. He then attended Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago where he received his Doctorate in Medicine. He completed his residency at the prestigious Rehabilitation Institute in Chicago and followed that with a fellowship in Interventional Pain at Georgia Pain Physicians in Marietta, Georgia where he focused on interventional spine procedures.
Dr. Acebey is fluent in conversational Spanish and is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, sports medicine, and electrodiagnostic medicine. His specialties include diagnosis and treatment of back and neck conditions as well as peripheral nerve problems. He has further training and expertise in minimally invasive spinal procedures, as well as electromyography and nerve conduction studies issues such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
His excellence in medicine and background in various procedures make Dr. Acebey a welcomed member of the DMOS team. When not at work, Dr. Acebey enjoys reading and spending time with his family.
- Medical Education: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Residency Training: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship Training: Georgia Pain Physicians, P.C., Marietta, GA
- Board Certified: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, Pain Medicine, and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Associations: The Spine Intervention Society, North American Spine Society, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation