Mitchell Hughes, MD
Wisconsin native, Dr. Mitchell Hughes, completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at Loyola University Medical Center and went on to the University of Wisconsin Health University Hospitals for an Orthopedic Spine Surgery Fellowship. As a physician at DMOS Orthopaedic Centers, he specializes in the treatment of spinal injuries and disorders.
Dr. Hughes sees himself as an educator just as much as a surgeon. He takes time to sit down and listen to what’s causing patients’ concerns and how this impacts their quality of life and function. Discussing potential treatment options together and agreeing on an individualized care plan is something Dr. Hughes implements in his everyday practice.
Outside of the office, Dr. Hughes enjoys traveling, snowboarding, fishing, hiking, running, and spending time with his family and friends.
- West Des Moines · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- University of Wisconsin
School of Medicine and Public Health
- UW Health University Hospitals
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Loyola University Medical CenterChicago, IL
- Member, North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spinal navigation surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Anterior lumbar
- Anterior and posterior cervical spine surgery
- Artificial Disk Replacement