Nick Swanson, DPT, CSMT, ATC
Director of Physical and Hand Therapy
Nick is the Director of Physical and Hand Therapy. He oversees the physical and hand therapy department services in Ankeny, Des Moines and West Des Moines. Nick is responsible for the team’s strategic planning, operations and patient experience.
For more than 10 years, Nick has been providing clinical expertise to patients in Ankeny and the Des Moines Metro area. Nick comes to us from Mercy North Physical Therapy Clinic where he managed a successful team of therapists, built a strong physician referral source and enhanced the overall patient experience.
Nick earned a Doctoral of Physical Therapy degree from the University of Iowa in 2008 and B.A in Athletic Training from UNI in 2006. He, wife Jill and three girls, Emma, Kate and Cora live in Ankeny and are active in their community. When Nick is not helping patients get back to living he may be spotted running, hiking or spending weekends with his family at the lake.
- West Des Moines · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- 2008: Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of Iowa
- 2006: BA Athletic Training
- 2018: BLS for Healthcare Providers
- 2017: Certified Spinal manual Therapist
- 2006: Certified Athletic Trainer