Paul D. Butler, M.D.
Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Iowa native, Dr. Paul D. Butler completed an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery fellowship with the Orthopaedic Associates of Michigan, in Grand Rapids, MI. His interest and specialty training in complex foot and ankle reconstruction includes sports injuries, ankle instability, traumatic fracture, arthritic degeneration, tendon problems, bunion and bunionette correction, Achilles inflammation/rupture, hammer/claw toes, and congenital malformation. Foot and ankle pain/injuries are commonly associated with other orthopaedic lower extremity dysfunction, thus as a lower extremity specialist, Dr. Butler also provides arthroscopy, joint replacement, and fracture fixation options for other lower extremity problems.
At DMOS, Dr. Butler is excited to help patients get back to the activities they enjoy and improve quality of life – whether that’s playing competitive sports, running a 5/10k or playing with their children or grandchildren. Dr. Butler has been the recipient of many awards and accolades. His research has been published in several professional publications and he also serves as a manuscript reviewer for American Journal of Sports Medicine and Foot and Ankle International.
When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Butler enjoys golfing, paddle boarding, hiking, skiing and spending time with friends and family.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Grand Rapids, MI
- Fellowship Training: Orthopaedic Associates of Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI
- Board Eligible, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgery
- Member, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society