Barron Bremner, D.O.
Sports Medicine, Shoulder, Hip & Knee Surgeon
Mount Vernon native and Mayo Clinic graduate Dr. Barron Bremner joined DMOS Orthopaedic Centers in 2007. Dr. Bremner’s practice encompasses most areas of general orthopaedics, though he has special interests in sports medicine, arthroscopy, and less invasive joint replacement. Dr. Bremner obtained an additional subspecialty certification in sports medicine, which is an area of particular interest to him. As the recipient of three prestigious awards from the Mayo Clinic during his residency, Dr. Bremner is proficient in hip and knee procedures, as well as other sports-related injuries and conditions.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Bremner enjoys living an active lifestyle playing tennis, biking and lifting weights. He also provides sideline orthopedic coverage for Johnston High School and Grand View University.
- DMOS Des Moines · 1301 Penn Ave., Suite 213, Des Moines, Iowa 50316
- DMOS West · 6001 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- DMOS Ankeny · 350 NE 36th Street, Ankeny, IA 50021
- Des Moines University
Des Moines, IA
- Member, Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Iowa Medical Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Mayo Clinic
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Same-day total joint replacement
- Direct anterior hip replacement
- Robotic-Assisted Mako partial knee replacement
- Regenerative Medicine
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC)
- Autologous Protein Solution (APS)
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery
Dr. Bremner's Team
McKenna Zimmerman, P.A.-C.
McKenna’s favorite part of her role is the connections and relationships she is able to build with patients.
Doctor Interviews & Insights
Are you looking for a specific doctor or area of specialty?
Either way, we want to get you to the right place.