Dr. Cook talks about Base of Thumb Arthritis
Shane Cook, M.D.
Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
Dr. Shane Cook completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at the University of Iowa and went on to OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina for a Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship. As a physician at DMOS Orthopaedic Surgeons, he specializes in upper extremity surgery including trauma, elbow arthroplasty, upper extremity nerve surgery, as well as complex wrist and hand surgeries.
Dr. Cook chose orthopedics due to the great care he received while on the field as an athlete himself, as he played football for the University of Colorado, NFL Europe, and New Orleans Saints. His main mission is to help patients maximize their function through surgical and non-surgical means, and he places a priority ensuring his patients understand their diagnosis, treatment options and have all their questions answered.
In his spare time, Dr. Cook enjoys working out, biking, golfing and spending quality time with his wife and three children.
- Medical Education: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Orthopedic Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Fellowship Training: OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC
- Board Eligible, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Candidate Membership
- American Association for Hand Surgery, Candidate Membership
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Member
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, Member