Shane Cook, MD
Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
Dr. Shane Cook completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of Iowa and went on to OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina for Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship. As a physician at DMOS Orthopaedic Centers, he specializes in upper extremity surgery.
Dr. Cook chose orthopedics due to the great care he received while on the field as an athlete himself as he played football for the University of Colorado, NFL Europe, and New Orleans Saints. His main mission is to help patients maximize their function through surgical and non-surgical means. Dr. Cook places priority on ensuring his patients understand their diagnosis, treatment options, and have all their questions answered.
In his spare time, Dr. Cook enjoys working out, biking, golfing, and spending quality time with his wife and three children.
- Des Moines · 1301 Penn Ave., Suite 213, Des Moines, Iowa 50316
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Iowa City, IA
- Candidate Membership, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Candidate Membership, American Association for Hand Surgery
- Member, Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Upper Extremity
- Elbow Arthroplasty
- Upper Extremity Nerve Surgery
- Complex Wrist & Hand Surgeries
- Bone Infection
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel
- DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Distal Radius Fracture
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Finger Amputations
- Hand Fractures
- Hand & Thumb Arthritis
- Ganglion Cyst
- Ligament repair and reconstructions
- Nerve Repair
- Scaphoid Fracture
- Sports Injuries
- Tendon Repair
- Tennis elbow
- Trigger Finger
- Work-related Conditions
Doctor Interviews & Insights
Are you looking for a specific doctor or area of specialty?
Either way, we want to get you to the right place.