Wesley Smidt, M.D.
General Orthopaedics; Sports Medicine, Shoulder, Hip & Knee Surgeon
University of Iowa and Central College graduate Dr. Wesley Smidt joined DMOS in 2010, following his time practicing orthopaedics for the United States Air Force and The California Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. Smidt’s practice encompasses all areas of orthopaedics, though he has a special interest in sports medicine, total joint replacements, as well as workers compensation injuries. He also has extensive experience in orthopaedic trauma care.
Outside of his orthopaedic practice, Dr. Smidt leads a very active lifestyle, participating in various sports and outdoor activities. He also enjoys traveling and time with his family.
- Medical Education: University of Iowa – College of Medicine, M.D., 1989, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopaedic Residency: University of Arizona – Orthopaedic Surgery, 1989-1994, Tuscon, AZ
- California Orthopaedic Institute – Orthopaedic Physician, 1994-2010
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Member