Orthopaedic Urgent Injury Clinic
Walk-in urgent care, specializing in treating your unexpected bone or joint injuries.
When you have a cold, fever or other illness, you call on your regular family urgent care clinic. But when it comes to specialized orthopedic care, DMOS’ Urgent Injury Clinic provides you and your family walk-in access for unexpected orthopedic injuries, such as a sports injury, fracture or sprain.
Avoid a trip to the ER
In many cases, an orthopaedic urgent injury clinic can help you avoid the ER – where wait times can often be several hours before seeing a doctor. Plus, urgent care is much more affordable, and most people find that their insurance co-payments are less.
Our clinic is available for adult and pediatric injuries (3+ years of age) with:
- Acute injuries
- Strains, sprains and minor dislocations
- Painful, swollen or injured joints
- Lacerations, including stitches
- Sudden onset of back, buttock or leg pain
- Sudden onset of neck and arm pain
- Sports injuries
- Work related injuries (pre-authorization required)
You can count on DMOS Orthopaedic Centers’ joint and bone specialists to provide expert care that will help you get back to living – faster
Walk-in clinic hours
Monday – Thursday:
Noon – 7 p.m.
Noon – 5 p.m.
8 a.m. – Noon
Urgent Injury Clinic location
6001 Westown Parkway – 2nd Floor
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
The Urgent Injury Clinic is located on the second floor. Patient registration and check in are located inside the clinic on the 2nd floor. Please look for the orange wall & label of “Pod E”.
What are your normal wait times?
Our wait times can’t be predicted; however, we provide current wait time during open hours on the home page of this website. Just click here.
When Should I Go to the Emergency Room?
- Head or neck trauma resulting from a motor vehicle accident
- When the bone is visible or there is an open wound over the fracture (compound fracture)
- When you are in a motor vehicle accident
- When there are cuts and/or deep lacerations
- When the area is burned</strong
- When you have chest pain